2011. június 8., szerda

My favourite potato salad


I found this lovely recipe in the Easy Living Magazine (June issue). Since then I have been thinking of making this salad again and again as I liked it so much. Very nice, refreshing and a healthy option as a midweek supper.

Ingredients:
500 gramm new salad potatoes (waxy ones are the best)
250 gramm aparagus
1 big red onion chopped
3-4 spring onions finely sliced
100 gramm feta crumbled
12 mint leaves chopped

For the dressing:
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
grated zest and juice of 1 lemon

First I washed the potatoes (don`t need to peel them) and cut them half. I put them on a roasting tray, drizzled with olive oil and roasted for 20 minutes on 200 Celsius (gas 6). I tossed them occasionally and when they were almost done I added the asparagus to the potatoes and cooked for another 15 minutes (until the asparagus and the potatoes were both tender). I put the sliced onions, finely chopped spring onion, chopped mint leaves and crumbled feta in a big bowl and added the potatoes and asparagus as well. I made the dressing: just mixed together the olive oil, Dijon mustard, grated zest and juice of 1 lemon and shook well then I poured the dressing over my salad and gently tossed it. I think this salad is best to served warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!:)

Nincsenek megjegyzések: